Donor Advised Fund
Simplify Your Giving
A donor advised fund (DAF), which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to support your favorite MultiCare program or foundation and other qualified charities. You can recommend a grant or recurring grants now to make an immediate impact or use your fund as a tool for future charitable gifts.
Take Action! Visit Your Fund
1. Recommend a grant
2. Impact a MultiCare program or foundation
This search tool will open a third-party website, owned and operated by an independent party. We assume no responsibility for the material.
You can also create a lasting legacy by naming a MultiCare program or foundation as the beneficiary of the entire account or a percentage of the fund. With a percentage, you can create a family legacy of giving by naming your loved ones as your successor to continue recommending grants to charitable organizations. Contact your fund administrator for a beneficiary form.
Still learning about DAFs? Discover the ease of opening a donor advised fund—plus the advantages you’ll enjoy—with your FREE guide Centralize your giving with donor advised funds.
Get More From Your DAF
Ensure you've made the most of your donor advised fund—for your family and for your favorite non-profit organizations. Download the FREE guide Maximize the impact of donor advised funds.
An Example of How It Works
Joe and Laura want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with their community foundation.
The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.
After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Joe and Laura recommend grants for the Mary Bridge Children's Foundation (which they've supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their granddaughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.
Get free planning help
The MultiCare Foundations is proud to provide free and confidential estate planning services through Thompson & Associates for friends like you.
Not sure how to begin planning?Download a free personal estate planning kit
Ready for next steps?
- If you already have a fund, use our tool at the top of this page Take action! Visit your fund to connect. No fund yet? Get our free guide.
- Contact our gift planning team at 253-403-3093 or email@example.com to discuss using your donor advised funds to support a MultiCare program or foundation and supporting better care in your community.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor. (Need an advisor? Look here for advisors familiar with MultiCare foundations and services.)
- If you include a MultiCare program or foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
- If you have already named a MultiCare program or foundation in your plans, please let us know so that we can carry out your wishes as intended and thank you for your gift.