Support the Important Causes in Your Life
Harness the Giving Power of a Private Foundation
Support What Matters
Learn more about donor advised funds. View and download the FREE guide One-Stop Giving: The Convenience and Simplicity of Donor Advised Funds.View My Guide
A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to your favorite MultiCare program or foundation and other charities.
You transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization such as a public foundation. You can then recommend — but not direct — how much and how often money is granted. In addition, you eliminate the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation.
In return, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account. This also allows for a centralized giving and record-keeping system in one location.
An Example of How It Works
Joe and Laura want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation.
The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.
After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Joe and Laura recommend grants for the Mary Bridge Children's Foundation (which they've supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their granddaughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.
Make Your Annual Gift Last Forever
Each year we rely on your gift, along with many others, to help us meet our goals and make a difference in the lives of others. To ensure that our programs and funding do not suffer, please take time now to consider leaving an endowed gift—a generous statement that will truly last forever.
|If your annual gift is:||Perpetuate it by giving:*|
*At a 4 percent endowment spending level, 25 times an annual gift amount equals an endowed perpetual gift.
Ready for Next Steps?
- Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.
- Get to know the organization's policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.
- Contact Frank J. Colarusso, Gift Planning Manager, at 253.403.1262 or email@example.com or Shelley J. Buck, Planned Giving Manager, at 253.403.3093 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss using donor advised funds to support Foundations of MultiCare and high-quality patient care in our community for generations to come.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor. (Need an advisor? Look here for advisors familiar with MultiCare foundations and services.)
- If you include Good Samaritan Foundation, Mary Bridge Children's Foundation, MultiCare Health Foundation or South King Health Foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID number.