Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Beneficiary Designations Are Easy and Flexible
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their will or estate. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
- Bank accounts, certificates of deposit or brokerage accounts
It only takes three, simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name MultiCare as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and the Mary Bridge Children's Foundation over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left the Mary Bridge Children's Foundation a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the Mary Bridge Children's Foundation is tax-exempt, the entire $75,000 will help provide care to Mary Bridge patients.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes-leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
See How It Works
Learn How to Fund It
You can use the following assets to fund Beneficiary Designations:
Make Your Annual Gift Last Forever
Each year we rely on your gift, along with many others, to help us meet our goals and make a difference in the lives of others. To ensure that our programs and funding do not suffer, please take time now to consider leaving an endowed gift—a generous statement that will truly last forever.
|If your annual gift is:||Perpetuate it by giving:*|
*At a 4 percent endowment spending level, 25 times an annual gift amount equals an endowed perpetual gift.
Ready for Next Steps?
- Contact our gift planning team at 253-403-3093 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support MultiCare with providing high-quality, compassionate care to all of our patients.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary. (Need an advisor? Look here for advisors familiar with MultiCare foundations and services.)
- If you name MultiCare in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID number.