Gifts of Savings Bonds
When thinking about ways to support a MultiCare foundation or program, savings bonds may not be the first option that comes to mind. If you would like to relieve some of the tax burden that can come from redeeming bonds during your lifetime, however, a donation may be a smart choice.
Savings bonds can’t be donated directly to a charitable organization during your lifetime but you can use your bonds to support Good Samaritan Foundation, Mary Bridge Children’s Foundation, MultiCare Health Foundation and/or South King Health Foundation in these ways:
Ways to Give Savings Bonds
- Leave the bonds to us through your will. This will qualify them for relief from income and estate taxes, and we’ll receive the full value of the bonds.
- Upon your passing, leave the bonds to a charitable remainder trust that will first benefit your family with lifetime payments and then support a MultiCare foundation or program with the remaining balance.
- Redeem the savings bonds and use the cash to make a gift to a MultiCare foundation or program. Note: The redemption still triggers a tax liability to you on the interest income.
Ready for Next Steps?
- Contact Frank J. Colarusso, Gift Planning Manager, at 253.403.1262 or email@example.com or Shelley J. Buck, Planned Giving Manager, at 253.403.3093 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on bequests or to chat more about the different options for including Good Samaritan Foundation, Mary Bridge Children's Foundation, MultiCare Health Foundation or South King Health Foundation in your will or estate plan.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor. (Need an advisor? Look here for advisors familiar with MultiCare foundations and services.)
- If you include Good Samaritan Foundation, Mary Bridge Children's Foundation, MultiCare Health Foundation or South King Health Foundation in your plans, please refer to our sample bequest language and use our legal name and federal tax ID number.